Health & Safety Policy Statement
Exner E-Waste Processing Inc. is a recycling plant in Elie, MB. We process electronic waste such as computers, printers, televisions, computer monitors, laptops, tablets, cell phones, microwave ovens, refrigerant reclamation, dismantling, recycling of HVAC and appliances. Allowing the recyclable material to be transformed into useable products:
- Exner E-Waste is committed to the prevention of illness and injury through the provision and maintenance of a health and safe workplace. Exner E-Waste endeavors to meet its responsibilities for the health and safety of our employees by complying with regulatory Safety& Health standards and legislative requirements.
- Exner takes all steps to acquaint its employees with their rights and responsibilities in the workplace and educate them on applicable regulations and procedures for protecting themselves. Where appropriate, Exner E-Waste has established policies and procedures to assist in maintaining safe conditions and work practices and facilitating employee participation in safely and health.
- All individuals shall protect their own health and safety by complying with prevailing regulations, standards and safe work practices established by the company. Employees will participate and report any hazards or unsafe conditions for corrective actions.
- It is the duty of Managers/Supervisors, as defined under the Workplace Safety and Health Act, to ensure that all employees under their discretion are made aware of and comply with all applicable legislation, policies and procedures. They are responsible for ensuring any safety risks, hazards or violations are investigated and corrected promptly.
The safety information in this policy does not take precedence over Workplace Safety and Health legislation. All employees should be familiar with the Workplace Safety and Health Act and the Regulations (current edition) available at the front office for all staff.
This Policy is key to the review and potential improvement of Exner E-Waste Processing Inc.
Environmental Policy Statement
Exner E-Waste Processing Inc. is a recycling plant in Elie MB. We process electronic waste such as computers, printers, televisions, computer monitors, laptops, tablets, cell phones, microwave ovens, refrigerant reclamation, dismantling, recycling of HVAC and appliances. Allowing the recyclable materials to be transformed into useable products.
- Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, customer requirements and codes to which it subscribes.
- Ensure the environmental management system contains a commitment to contamination improvement based on current ecological thinking, technological options, within its financial remit.
- Commit itself to elimination or reduction of pollution by emission to air, discharges to water, noise levels and contamination of land.
- Provide a framework for the setting and reviewing of its objectives and targets, through regular meetings of its working group, internal audits and management reviews, and monitoring emerging issues and keep abreast or regulatory changes.
- Ensure the environmental policy is contained within the environmental Manual, and implemented as a core of the environmental system that is communicated to all employees. This policy is also made available to the public and can be found in reception and Exner’s Website
- Work in partnership with customers and suppliers to reduce negative environmental impact and promote positive environmental principles.
- Be committed towards the conversation of natural resources via the minimum consumption of energy, minimization of waste and encouraging the use of renewable resources.
- Be accountable for all Hazardous E-Waste throughout the recycling chain to final disposition.
- Prohibit the export of Hazardous Electronic Waste throughout the Recycling Chain.
- Prohibit the use of child and prison labour for the processing of hazardous E-Waste throughout the recycling chain.
- Make customers aware of data security issues and address their data security and privacy requirements through the secure destruction of data contained in E-Waste throughout the recycling chain.
- Annually review Exner’s performance in implementing this policy.
- Established metrics to monitor our environmental performances and use these to set goals for continuous improvement.
Exner is committed to providing a recycling service that meets our requirements in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimizes our potential impact on the environment.
November 30, 2016